Consulting plus …
I advise organisations for whom solving the problem is not enough. Convincing an external audience – from the court of public opinion to a court of law – is just as important to my clients as arriving at the right solution in the first place. Companies commission me to work with them as:
- a sounding board to test and challenge their ideas
- a facilitator running structured decision-making sessions
- a writer or editor of the output
- a consultant on people and financial management issues.
Click here for my professional
- Member of Financial Reporting Council’s Disciplinary Tribunal (2011- )
- Association of Cambridge Mediators, Panel Member (2010-14)
- Nominet Panel of Experts, determining disputes over .uk domain name registration (2001-03)
- Member of Institute of Actuaries’ Disciplinary Tribunal (1989-2001)
- Member of Ofwat’s Water 2020 Advisory Panel (2015-)
- Panel of Economic and Business Advisers to Oftel (1994-2003)
- Chairman, R G Kensington Management (2001-07 & 2012-), a not-for-profit property management company
- Chief Executive, CompAct Analysis (2006-2009)
- Visiting Lecturer, Imperial College Business School (2011- )
- Visiting Lecturer, Cass Business School (2009-2011)
- Visiting Lecturer, City University, Department of Economics (1998-2000)
- Guest columnist, Financial Times, on Legal and Regulatory Affairs (1989-1999)
- Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (1983 onwards) and Member of Council (2001-06)
- Member of Council, British Academy of Experts (1988-1995), professional body for expert witnesses
You can or contact me by phone (020 7938 2600).
I arrived at the current place in my career through an unusual route. I set up one of the UK’s first forensic accounting and expert witness services, in the 1980s. Ten years on from that, I started consulting to economic regulators.
Always very thoughtful and has insights which go beyond what others have managed to understand.
Clare Spottiswoode, Independent Commission on Banking
Now I embrace a portfolio-style career that sees me teaching at a business school, sitting on a disciplinary tribunal, chairing a private company and continuing to consult. Throughout all of this, I have been a guest columnist in newspapers and professional journals as well as a writing skills trainer for professional firms and financial services organisations.
A downloadable CV is available here.